Saturday, July 7, 2012

#16 Go on a date with a man in a uniform

There is something sexy about men in uniform.  Or a nice suit.  Not sure why... but it just is... I mean, check out one of my favorite "pins" on Pinterest ever :)  Me likey!

You all know that I'm a fabulous single lady.  And while I'm not necessarily looking to get married or even enter into a long term relationship, it is always fun to go on dates and flirt with gentlemen.  So, as part of my challenge, I decided I was gonna challenge myself to #16 Go on a date... with a fireman.

The problem?  While I have met a ton of great guys over the past 3 months, none of them have been a firefighter.

As you know, I enlisted your help, dear readers, multiple times....  I'm pretty sure it bordered on desperately begging, actually.  And some of you were able to help with a few leads... but nothing worked out.  That's the way life is ;), and I rolled with it...

Which is why I ended up changing it to "Go on a date with a man in a uniform."  Because one of those great guys that I met?  Well... he happened to be wearing a uniform when I met him :) :) :). 

After I completed #1 Go skydiving with my good friend Elizabeth, she dropped me off at the Newark train station so I could take a Jersey transit train down to the Jersey Shore to hang with my girl Kim and complete #14 Hang out at the Jersey Shore.  And while I was waiting at the train station, wearing my Steelers tshirt...

Quick reminder of the cute Steelers tshirt I was wearing...
 ...a cute, tall NJ Transit police officer walked up to me and said "You're wearing the right team on your shirt!"  To which I, of course, responded "Heck yeah, you're a Steeler fan too?" and then we started chatting... I even asked his permission to give him a high five (hey, you never know with police officers, it could have been considered an attack, and the last thing I needed was to end up in jail HAHA!).... but then he had to get back to work. His train pulled up and he boarded, and I remained on the platform, awaiting my own train.

After my train rolls up (two trains later), I find a seat and curl up with my head on my overnight bag to take a mini nap... and imagine my surprise when, about 15 minutes in to the ride, I feel a tap on my shoulder.  GUESS WHO IT IS.

My NJ Transit Police Officer, Tim.  And this time, he didn't chicken out.  He pulled open his notepad (the one where they write tickets, ya know?  And at first, I was like "Wait, why am I getting a ticket?  What did I do wrong?!?!"), and he pulled out a piece of paper with his name and number on it.  The encounter was less than a minute, but it just made me smile from ear to ear for the rest of train ride.

So why am I telling you this story?  Well... while Tim and I haven't gone on what I consider to be a date (yet... I did tell him that he should take me on a date, and that didn't scare him off, so that's good news)... he has asked me to stop by the Hoboken train station (where he monitors the drunks taking trains home Friday and Saturday nights), and I have stopped by for 10 minutes or so a few times to chat...

I consider that to be a mini date.  Right?? :)  Yes?  No??

(Seriously, this actually happened...  my roommate Ellie (of the famed The Bitchin Kitchin blog) witnessed it...)

So what do you think?  Does it count?  Can I cross this one off my list??

3 comments:

  1. Yes it counts! Looking forward to hearing how it plays out! I love how you asked permission to high five him. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! SO cute!! :-) And sure it counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. And so what are Tim's intentions!!! Step one.... Take you on a date, assuming he is not married.... step two.... ask hime to go on a date!!!!

    UJ

    ReplyDelete