Sunday, June 24, 2012

#14 Hang out at the Jersey Shore

The Jersey Shore is a controversial place, thanks to the popular MTV show creatively named "Jersey Shore."  If you google "Jersey Shore", the first five entries are all about the TV series.

But, the reason why I decided to do #14 - Hang out at the Jersey Shore as one of my challenges was to prove to my non-Jersey/NYC friends that the real Jersey Shore is actually nice, and not what you see on MTV. Sure, there are plenty of Snookie, Pauly D and Situation's, but there are also a ton of normal people with families and jobs. They just happen to live near the ocean in Jersey.

One of those normal people is my friend Kim (yup, same name), who hates taking photos, so this post will have few pictures. Kim is gorgeous and kind, one of the nicest people I've ever met, and lives in Brick, New Jersey, which is about an hour drive from Manhattan, and a few minutes away from the shore.

Kim graciously agreed to host me overnight and take me around so that I can satisfy this challenge.  To start the night, we went to the most amazing sushi restaurant ever. It's called Shogun Legend's... And the sushi is the FRESHEST most INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS and ORGASMIC sushi I've ever had in my life.
The bar, where Kim and I have our sushi dinner :)
The most orgasmic plate of sashimi- it was so delicious that we ordered a second round!
So, now you know that the Jersey Shore has some amazing food.  :)

After dinner, we head to Asbury Park to hit up Porta, a pizza place that turns in to a bar and club after hours.

At Porta, we ended up dancing for hours... I got groped by several guys, some at the same time... But it made my Jersey Shore after hours experience authentic, right?


The next morning, Kim and I headed to the beach (I forget which one), and the day turned out to be GORGEOUS.  I was happy as a pig in mud, soaking up several hours of sun, enjoying the sound of waves crashing to shore, and of course, taking a nap :)

The view from my beach chair!!!
So thatbwas my Jersey Shore experience. Food, dancing, beach. Will I go back?  Heck yeah!  It's a beach (I LOVE BEACHES), and it's only a short train ride away.  And... I ate amazing food and had a great time dancing.  But, more importantly, I also have fabulous friends at the Shore... After all, it's the people that make the Jersey Shore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment