Friday, July 6, 2012

#19 Host a 4th of July BBQ


America!  F yea!

Yes, I love America. As you know, I live in Hoboken, New Jersey... and for the past three years, the Macy's Fireworks have been on the Hudson River.  For those of you who don't know, Manhattan is an island, surrounded by the Hudson River on the West Side and the East River on the, get it, East Side!  Since Hoboken is on the West Side, I have fabulous views of New York City!


For the past several years, I've spent the Fourth of July holiday with family... once in Philadelphia, twice in NYC with my parents.  And I've never been at my apartment, so I don't know if I had a good view of the fireworks or not... So this year, I decided I wanted to have friends over and check it out.  What better way to celebrate the Fourth of July other than to have a BBQ to celebrate America's awesomeness?

2011 Fireworks show, from Weehawken, NJ

2011 Fireworks show, from Weehawken, NJ

So of course, I make cupcakes.

And, I made sangria... red, white and blue sangria, that is :)


My friend Fran came over, and I make the perfect vodka martini (Remember #17, Guest bartend?  I sucked at it, so after that day, I took the time to learn how, and Fran says I TOTALLY REDEEMED MYSELF!)

I also purchased a kiddie pool from amazon.com... it was the best $20 I've ever spent!
Good friends assisting me with blowing up the kiddie pool!

Drinking sangria indoors before we head outside with the newly inflated kiddie pool!

Filling up the kiddie pool!!!

Chilling in the kiddie pool ;)

Good thing I  have some pool toys on hand hahahaha

The party...

More people ended up in the kiddie pool...
Once it got dark, I made my way to the roof... and here's the view (with a bit of a zoom)... stunning.



So overall?  An amazing day and evening... I can't believe I've been living in my apartment for almost 6 years and this is the first year that I actually watched the fireworks from my roof.  Thank you to all of my friends for coming over and celebrating with me!!!

But what a great experience... I have a pretty darn good view... :)

1 comment: