Sunday, July 8, 2012

#4 Spend a day at a spa

There's something utterly indulgent about spending an entire day at a spa... First, it's incredibly relaxing to have a person pamper, massage and polish your body for hours on end, from tip to toe... and second, since spa treatments tend to cost some serious cash, splurging on yourself like that is simply... extravagant. 

That's why I wanted to do #4 Spend a day at a spa - I wanted to live one day like an overly extravagant and flamboyant Hollywood star and/or rich Upper East Side lady.

The dilemma I was having, though, was that the past 3 months have been a bit expensive. Not sure if you noticed or not, but a lot of the items on my 30by30 list cost money... sometimes large dollar amounts.  And so I couldn't justify splurging more for a day at a spa when I've already splurged and indulged for 3 whole months...

So to satisfy this challenge, I opened up shop.  I turned my bathroom in to Spa Kimmy!

Some of my spa gear - pre-candle lighting, that is...

I went through my bathroom cabinets and found anything that could be applied to the body as some form of "pampering".  I found a lot of stuff that I had forgotten about: face masks, sugar scrubs, nail treatment oil, deep conditioning mask for the hair, body butter.  Before I started applying all this goo to my body, I used a foam roller to roll out my muscles (that counts for a massage, kinda).  I even lit a candle and played some Enya!  I spa'ed it up.



And you know what?  It only added an extra 15 minutes on to my normal shower routine.  This is something that I could incorporate into my day, maybe not every day, but once a week or so.  And while it definitely wasn't a full day, I did apply a face mask, exfoliate, and lotion my body to where I felt pampered.  Which I think is the point of this challenge (and the point of the 30by30 challenge in its entirety!) - to focus on myself, and indulge...

Now I just need to find someone to give me a foot massage :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment