Sunday, July 8, 2012

#24 Quit something I do a lot for 30 days

We all have bad habits.  Some might smoke. Some might bite their fingernails.  Me?  Well... I love to sleep.  So in the morning, instead of getting out of bed, I hit the snooze button, several times... and it's unproductive, and sometimes ends up making me more tired... I know I should get out of bed when the alarm goes off the first time... but the thought of snuggling in bed and sleeping just a few more minutes... I love it.  I do.

So... #24 Quit something I do a lot for 30 days... it's hitting the snooze button.

And I'll come right out - I failed.  I kept hitting snooze, and I enjoyed those extra few minutes.

I think the reason why I failed in this challenge is because my heart wasn't in it.  I probably should have picked something else, like "No alcohol" or "Don't check Facebook", but then how would I have been able to tell you guys when I had a new post to share?

And then I came to thinking - maybe I should have just said, "Quit feeling like you have to change who you are." I love to snooze.  I purposely set my alarm 20 minutes earlier than I need to get up so that I can snooze.  If I have to get up at a certain time, I can do it... but if I don't, I snooze.  I admit that there are some mornings where I wished I hadn't snoozed, as I end up feeling more tired and groggy than when I had first woken up, but snoozing generally doesn't hurt me physically, or anyone else for that matter... so maybe the real lesson here is that I should allow myself to have the simple pleasure I get from snoozing in my super comfy bed... and stop worrying about changing who I am.  Just be me, instead of being who I "should" be.  :)

ZZZzzzzzzz......

No comments:

Post a Comment