Monday, June 25, 2012

#25 Picture a day for 30 days

These challenges that require 30 days of doing something consistently?  Super hard.  I get bored and lose interest, very easily.  So this challenge - #25 Picture a day for 30 days - might seem really easy... But, in actuality, it was hard for me.

As you'll see... I did miss one day... but I made up for it at the end :)  So without further ado, 31 days of photos... 

Day 1: Tuesday, May 22
Three dozen roses!  What a special gift from my brother (in law)'s family :) :) :) (hint hint, boys!)

Day 2: Wednesday May 23

The Carolina Park in Quito is right in the flight path of the airport... and they retired an old plan and turned it in to a piece of playground equipment

Day 3: Thursday May 24
I love checking out grocery stores in foreign countries - so many amazing fruits I've never tried before!!!

Day 4: Friday, May 25
The amazing welcoming committee for my trip to the Galapagos Island :)

Day 5: Saturday, May 26
Me, Terrible Towel and Sea Lion on the beach at the Galapagos Island :)

Day 6: Sunday, May 27
Embracing life.

Day 7: Monday, May 28
Wearing a turtle shell

Day 8: Tuesday, May 29
Attempting to high five a sea lion... I got ignored :)

Day 9: Wednesday, May 30
Swimming with sea lions :)

Day 10: Thursday, May 31

oops!  missed one...


Day 11: Friday, June 1
The view from my morning flight leaving Quito, Ecuador

Day 12: Saturday, June 2
Pickled herring at a real Russian restaurant in Queens... doused in tons of mayonnaise!!!

Day 13: Sunday, June 3
I took a class to learn how to bartend... here was the crazy instructor :)

Day 14: Monday, June 4
Waiting for tacos at "The Taco Truck" - I love the curved mirrored walls, making me look super skinny hahah

Day 15: Tuesday, June 5
I love summer... I get to wear dresses and super high heels to work!

Day 16: Wednesday, June 6
Watching the Enterprise shuttle float down the Hudson River

Day 17: Thursday, June 7
Love these curious fish at my dentists office

Day 18: Friday, June 8
Hanging out with the Tedster

Day 19: Saturday, June 9
Singing "Call me maybe" with Elizabeth on the ride home from Skydiving

Day 20: Sunday, June 10
The beach at the Jersey Shore
Day 21: Monday, June 11
I accidentally destroyed my only plant, but I've been talking to it and it's coming back to life!  As is evidenced by a few green sprouts!!!

 Day 22: Tuesday, June 12
Another cute work dress... I actually got complements from several co-workers on it

Day 23: Wednesday, June 13
Ted begging for some lovin :)
Day 24: Thursday, June 14
Team Captain... I had signs to help co-workers in other buildings/floors find my desk...

Day 25: Friday, June 15 
Powering up my iPad... see, I told you it was sparkly!

Day 26: Saturday, June 16 
Getting certified to teach spin class!

Day 27: Sunday, June 17
Shrimp tacos with shredded cabbage and a yogurt cilantro sauce!

Day 28: Monday, June 18
"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." - Fortune cookie

Day 29: Tuesday, June 19
Super adorable.

Day 30: Wednesday, June 20
Clearly my favorite subject...

Day 31 (to make up for missing one photo): Thursday, June 21
Bachelorette party bling :)

So you might have gathered that I was getting a bit bored towards the end of the challenge... and ended up taking pictures of Ted (my tiny, socially-anxious cat).  Lucky for me, she's a cute subject!! 

Overall, though, it was fun.  I had to keep remembering to find fun things to take photos of... which was challenging during the week when I usually go from work to gym to home to work, etc... not too many interesting things happening, even with this amazing 30by30in3 I'm doing.

Have any of you ever done a 30 pictures in 30 days challenge?  What were your photos of, anything specific or just random like mine?  Did you like mine???  :)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't do the challenge specifically. But when I ran the golden gate bridge a friend came with and took photos during the run. They are mostly hilarious but awesome because I'll have them for a long time! Good idea! I love the teddy ohotos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had an account on dailymugshot for a couple of years. At first, I was totally regular, but I hated posting pics the days I didn't shower! LOL I still take pics there mostly regularly: http://www.dailymugshot.com/my_mugshow

    And this month, I'm doing the julyphotoaday challenge on Instagram, but I probably won't do it again. I'm finding it rather uninspired, and having a hard time coming up with stuff for the topic each day. So that's that.

    ReplyDelete